Nobody knows the territory any better ...
Welcome to our neck of the woods.
We are your leading Crosslake - Brainerd - Whitefish Chain Area real estate group.
We welcome the chance to guide you through the entire buying process, from viewing homes and financing, to making sure the final contract is in your best interest. Here's why you'll like working with us:
Our personal service.
Our group's number one goal is to educate you on the current Crosslake - Brainerd real estate market. We have the reputation of providing strong, positive, aggressive representation and we provide outstanding personal service to each and every client.
The Group concept.
You have a Buyer Specialist that is working just for you, but is also a part of a larger group that is knowledgeable and active in the market so that you have access to an entire team with area lakes knowledge and experience.
Expert negotiating skills.
In today's Minnesota lakeshore market, this is one of the most important values we can provide to you as our client. We know the area, the Brainerd real estate market and have the experience and information to negotiate from a position of strength during your transaction.
Years of Crosslake - Whitefish Chain and Brainerd real estate experience.
Our owners, Bruce Larson and Rob Birkeland, and our Buyer Specialists, Mary Nolan, Mike O'Connell and Matt Stephens grew up in the area and know the area well. Bruce Larson has been in the business since 1978 and was the founding partner of Shores & More Realty, Inc. in 1984. we have long-standing relations with lenders, appraisers and local businesses.
Aggressive internet usage.
We have made significant investments in technology to serve you better. Most buyers initiate the buying process by looking on the internet first. Our search format makes it easier than ever to navigate and look at properties for sale. We've designed a state-of-the-art search and mapping function you will have to see to believe. Go to www.LarsonGroupRealEstate.com to see how unique we really are.
Locally owned. Nationally recognized.
Owners Bruce Larson and Rob Birkeland are nationally recognized by their peers with within the National Realtors Associations in the U.S. They are recognized for aggressive sales and marketing efforts, but also for their professional skill seminars they teach to other agents nationwide.
Steps to home buying:
Step # 1 - The Interview
Step # 2 - Showing Process
Step # 3 - The Contract: Negotiations: Yes - proceed to Step # 4. No - return to Step # 1
Step # 4 - The Inspections
Step # 5 - Loan Interview
Step # 6 - "Waiting" Period - time for mortgage company processing and title company processing. Mortgage Company: Credit Report, Appraisal, Verifications, Underwriting, Approval. Title Company: Title Search, Assemble Papers, Settlement Date
Step # 7 - Settlement - You are a Home Owner!
5 Great Reasons to be pre-qualified by a lender.
- You spend your time wisely, looking at homes that you can afford.
- You will know in advance what your payments will be.
- You can select the best loan package without being under pressure. There are many financing options to choose from in today's market, and you will have the time to select the best option for your needs.
- The market in our area moves quickly. You may have a competitive advantage if you have your financing secured in advance.Peace of mind.
- You have the pleasure of pursuing your dream without worrying about financing your purchase.
Items needed for a loan application:
Whether you're a first time buyer, buying a second home or your retirement dream home, here is the information a lender will need when you apply for financing:
- Addresses for two full years
- Gross monthly income
- W-2s, if available
- Proof of pension, retirement, social security, etc.
- Proof of income from rentals, investments, etc.
- Year-to-date pay stub
- If self employed - two years of 1040 tax returns and current year profit and loss statement.
- Each creditor's name, address and type of account
- Account numbers
- Monthly payments and approximate balances
- Names and address of savings institutions
- Account numbers for all accounts
- Types of accounts and present balances
- Miscellaneous Information:
- List of assets in stocks, bonds, land
Life insurance cash value
- Social Security numbers for all parties
- If selling another property, copies of sales contracts
- Cash or Check to pay for application fee
- If a Veteran - Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214
- Copy of Sales Agreement
- Copy of Listing Sheet on property
- Information on how appraiser accesses property
Searching for Property Is Easy
The ultimate technology tool.
The internet is no longer a new medium. It is estimated that 70-80% of people will start their property search by using the internet first. We embrace this technology. we see the internet as a critical convenience to offer you additional service. Whether you're looking for a particular piece of property to buy or whether you're thinking of listing your property with us, you will want to check out our website: www.LarsonGroupRealEstate.com
Buyers can search with fewer clicks.
There is a distinct difference between our website and any of the other Brainerd lakes area real estate firms' websites. We've taken it further. Simply, we provide the best and easiest way to SEARCH.
With our easy search format, it will take fewer clicks to look at available properties on the market. Our website won't make you register or log in before you can navigate. We use easy selection options instead of parameters that you may not know, like country names or zip codes.
Designed for you.
We've worked hard with website designers and engineers to create a site with you in mind. Most importantly, we've made it simple. Pick the location on our map: by area or lake name. Select your price range. Our search format immediately gives you properties that are for sale!
The lakeshore is a critical part of the investment.
Wouldn't it be ideal to see the topography map of the lake you are looking at? Wouldn't it be important to see real photography of the lake instead of computer generated illustrations of maps? With LarsonNet. you can identify lake water depths, sand bars, wetlands and more. After all, lakeshore and the lake itself, is just as important as the lot of home you're interested in. To us, it is the total package.
Glossary of terms and documents
- Earnest Money Deposit: The money that accompanies an offer to purchase, as evidence of good faith. You write a check to the listing agent's trust account at the time of the offer.
- Escrow: The money collected by a lender each month to assure enough to pay for property taxes and property insurance when each comes due. This allows you to make one monthly payment for your house's principle, interest, taxes and insurance.
- Title: The right to, or ownership of something. Represented by evidence of ownership such as a deed or bill of sale. it is the seller's responsibility to clear title.
- Title Insurance: Insures against possible defects in title undiscovered in the title report. You have the option at closing to choose title insurance or decline.
- Mortgage Insurance: Insurance policy required by the lender to protect the mortgage company in the event of default on the loan. the mortgage company wants insurance on the lack of equity in the property.
- Transfer Taxes: Fees charge by the State and County to transfer the deed from the seller to the buyer. These are fees that you will see on your closing statements.
- Survey: A process of measurement by a licensed surveyor to determine the exact boundaries of land. we recommend sellers mark lot corners prior to closing.
- Discount Points: Charges made by lenders to adjust the effective rate of interest on loan. Each discount point equals one percent of the loan amount.
- Origination Fee: A lender's fee for origination of a loan. This is part of the buyer's closing costs. Origination fees are disclosed on the Good Faith Estimate from your lender.
- Real Estate Documents: The Larson Group's expertise with contracts and forms makes your home buying experience smooth, easy and enjoyable.